- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger (ground)
- ¼ tsp cloves (ground)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- 2 TBS dark rum
- ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Place the pumpkin puree between paper towels and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. You may need to change paper towels a few times. The puree should feel mostly dry to the touch.
- Mix together the condensed milk, rum, spices, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add in pumpkin puree and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Take 1/3 of the whipped cream and mix it into the pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated. Dump in the rest of the whipped cream and gradually fold it in. Don’t over stir, the mixture should come together but still be somewhat ‘airy.’
- Pour into a container and cover with a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Freeze until firm (3-6 hours depending on your freezer)
- If dark rum isn’t your thing, bourbon or whiskey would be fantastic alternatives.
- If you choose to omit the alcohol it will still taste fabulous but will be firmer.
- Make sure that it’s 100% pumpkin puree – no other ingredients – and you definitely don’t want pumpkin pie filling.
- This is a firmer no-churn ice cream (due to the additional solids from the pumpkin). It’s at its best when left out for a few minutes to soften up before serving!